– Don’t allow the cruise line to convert the currency as this will work out about 50% more than if you allow your bank to do the exchange rate.
– Catch a cab to the port from the airport as this is approximately $40 one way (one carload) however, we booked an airport transfer on the way back which was $30 each (US $)
– Pack half of what you think you’ll need. Can easily recycle outfits as no one takes much notice.
– Pack nice blouses and dressy tops for dinner each night and rest of the time just wear casual clothes. Bring one formal dress.
– Bring a book/pack of cards.
– Only bring 2 pairs of shoes – thongs/sandals and dressy shoes for dining room.
– Get your hair done at the spa to save bringing all your products.
– No shop onboard for supplies like toothpaste or chocolate, books etc
– Bring a US adaptor.
– Bring a small backpack for trips on shore.
– No tips necessary on board as you prepay your gratuities prior to boarding.
– Bring your camera
– Pack your runners as there is a 1km walking/running track onboard which saves you from getting cabin fever!